Microsoft Outlook, a web-based suite of different services like mailing and calendaring. MS Outlook is one of the oldest mailing services it has a vast number of users. Outlook Error 17884 in Outlook occurs due to irregularities among the PST files. Due to irregularities in these files, there is also a chance of getting corrupted and damaged. This is PST based error because PST is used as database storage of Microsoft Outlook email client used all over the world.
The error message that has mostly seen is ‘Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience’.
There are some indications that tell the user of Outlook error 17884 has occurred. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Whenever the user opens the outlook, an error message appears on the window screen and the active outlook gets suddenly hanged.
- When the user closes the outlook and reopens it again, then the same process of error message appearing on the screen repeats. Sometimes the message appears later when we reopen the MS Outlook.
- Unable to use dashboard provided by the MS Outlook for mailing services.
- User is unable to open the software for crucial tasks due to the error 17884.
- File zzz.pst is not found
- Access will be denied again and again so the user cannot move items.
- Cyclic redundancy check error will pop up whenever you open the email client.
Above statements only tell the indications and symptoms of the error. In order to fix the error completely, we have to know the root of the problem. Some of the reasons to understand this issue and error17884 are discussed below:
- The main reason is damage or corruption in the PST files. As we know PST is very important to access our emails, attachment, and journals, hence corrupted PST makes it hard to recover all the contents of our mail and attachments.
- PST files got damaged due to the software reasons like malware infected software setup.
- Sudden power failure can also damage and corrupt the PST files.
- During the recovery of data, the files got corrupted due to the intermixing of several data. Pirated recovery software can make the situation worse by damaging more PST files.
- Data loss in the registry which is related to outlook is sometimes responsible for error 17884.
- Frequent changes in network devices can increase the chance of the error 17884 in MS Outlook.
Fixing this problem is very important as PST files are important for the recovery of emails, attachments, content, and journals. Some ways to troubleshoot this problem are given below:
- Always have a UPS to cope up with sudden power failures.
- Always use Windows restore to recover PST files.
- Attach file in the given limit of outlook otherwise PST will corrupt the excess of the data.
- Don’t make frequent hardware and network changes in the system.
- Repair the registry files and maintain the correct data to prevent this error.
Besides these ways, you can also contact Microsoft Outlook for this error by sending error reports to them.
If still, you are facing this issue, contact to our outlook tech team Outlook Support