Microsoft Outlook is amazing software developed by Microsoft Corporation. MS Outlook error 0x800CCC97 which is mostly represented in hexadecimal format by vendors occurs mostly at the time of installation. Hexadecimal format is used to address the memory locations where the instructions are stored. It can occur in Windows 7, 8 and Vista.
Outlook error 0X800CCC97 in the operating system is named as POP3_POPID_OUT_OF_RANGE.
Error 0x800CCC97 mostly appears at the time of installation and during the turning windows on or off. This error can appear at the time of Window installation also.
The system gives many indications of Outlook error 0X800CCC97.
Some of them are mentioned below:
- A message POP3_POPID_OUT_OF_RANGE can be see due to this error.
- Error 0x800CCC97 crashes your running your software and active windows.
- This error leads your computer window freeze periodically again and again.
- The response time of mouse clicks and keyboard inputs reduces over the time and windows become inactive and slack.
- Fatal Exception keeps popping up over the screen.
- Hardware error messages and output error also popup.
- Ads with sound error pop ups can also be seen due to this error.
Error 0x800CCC97 is very critical for computer’s well being and can damage window system files.
There can be many reasons which lead us to this error. Some of the reasons are discussed below which provides an overview to know this error in deep.
- An incomplete installation of Microsoft Outlook can cause this error.
- When we download software setup from unofficial sites, there is a chance of corrupt software which can be the reason for this error.
- Regular changes in MS Outlook software due to installation or deletion can corrupt the windows registry files and chances of error 0x800CCC97 increases.
- Accidental deletion important folders and files related to the Microsoft Outlook.
- Presence of viruses and malware infected files can corrupt files which are related to MS Outlook can lead a system to the error 0x800CCC97.
- Sometimes it has seen that bad internet connection also causes this error because some files related to outlook may not get updated on time.
- Oversize PST files in the system also cause this unwanted error.
- When we too many toolbars and unimportant are added in outlook directory then chance of occurrence of this error also increases.
It is clear from the above mentioned points that there can be many reasons of this error. In order to overcome this error these points can help us in keeping a track record when and where this error 0x800CCC97 occurs. Now further we will see how we can troubleshoot this issue in Microsoft Outlook to make it error free. Here are some ways:
- Scan and detect malware infected files by using third party software.
- Identify the deleted registry files and restore them to their original place.
- Remove all the temporary files by using Disk Cleanup.
- Windows should have all the important updates regarding outlook.
- Installation of Windows should be done properly.
If still, you are facing this issue, contact to our outlook tech team Outlook Support