Microsoft Outlook is a web-based suite of different services like webmail, calendaring services, and contacts. In the directory of outlook errors, there are many errors. Outlook Error 0x800ccc0d is one of them which can bother the user by not allowing him to send and receive emails in MS Outlook.
This error usually occurs when the system is not connected with the internet or it is suffering from a bad connection. Sometimes it is reported that some malware programs also interrupt internet’s access to MS Outlook.
Outlook Error 0x800ccc0d in Outlook is followed by an error message on the screen—The server could not be found. Account: account name, POPserver:’mail’, Error Number: 0x800ccc0d.
The above error message means that email client is unable to found the server due to which process of sending and receiving mails can’t be executed because of unestablished connection.
The major reasons for Outlook 0x800ccc0d error are mentioned below:
- Assignment of wrong account settings to the server.
- Microsoft Outlook is not connected to the internet or suffering from a bad internet connection due to which there is no communication with the servers for basic functioning.
- Windows firewall is blocking the connection of MS Outlook with the internet.
- Presence of malware infected files in the system which intrudes the established connection between outlook and servers.
- Windows registries which save the vital settings in the database have saved the corrupted and damaged files which are creating the problem and hence, leading user to error 0x800ccc0d Outlook.
Besides all these reasons, entering wrong account details can create Microsoft Outlook 0x800ccc0d error.
There are some symptoms of MS Outlook error 0x800ccc0d which tell the user that this error has occurred.
- User unable to send or receive messages in Microsoft Outlook.
- Error messages popping out on the screen again and again.
- This error can freeze some active windows also.
There are many ways in order to execute the proper sending/receiving of mails on the outlook and fix the Outlook error 0x800ccc0d permanently. Some of the ways are mentioned below which can help the user to run outlook smoothly.
- First of all, ensure that Microsoft Outlook is connected to the internet and is not suffering from a bad network connection.
- Open the Windows firewall settings in the control panel and make sure it is not blocking the internet access to MS Outlook.
- Also, check the third party antivirus software if it is blocking the way of Outlook.
- Always open MS Outlook in safe mode, if you are unable to access your Outlook profile.
- Sometimes you are unable to detect any problem in the firewall and still, Outlook does not have an internet connection, in that case, contact your internet service provider to fix the sending Outlook error 0x800ccc0d.
- Repair the damaged and corrupted registry files.
- Scan and detect the malware infected files in the folders and delete them.
- Sometimes you also need to change your account settings in order to fix this issue.
If still, you are facing this issue, try deleting the temporary files by using Disk Cleanup.