Microsoft Outlook is the widely used web-based suite which provides services like journaling, contenting and calendaring globally. Being the oldest mailing service, it was launched by the name of Hotmail. Sometimes many crucial errors have been reported by the users of Outlook while using it. Outlook Error 0x800ccc78 in Microsoft Outlook occurs when the outgoing server settings are not configured properly with the other function of the outlook.
There are many symptoms of the Outlook error 0x800ccc78. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Access to the outlook for basic functioning will be denied.
- Whenever the user will try to send or receive the mails, an Outlook Error 0x800ccc78 message will pop up on the screen.
- Microsoft Outlook will ask you to verify your email address again and again.
- A certain Outlook Error 0x800ccc78 message will appear on the screen ‘Server Response ‘550’, Access Denied 0x800ccc78’.
In order to solve the problem, first, we have the reasons behind Outook error 0x800ccc78. The major error causing reasons are discussed below:
- Sometimes when program window gets frozen, user tend to do a force shut down which increases the chances of Outlook Error 0x800ccc78.
- It also occurs due to the presence of malware infected files which corrupt the working of Microsoft Outlook.
- When proxy settings of SMTP server are not configured properly.
- When PST files gets damaged or corrupted due to the storage in bad sectors of hard drive.
- Internet Service Provider can block certain ports which are important for the basic sending and receiving process of the outlook. Sometimes they also set limit for the user to send or receive mails.
- Besides all these there is a chance that Microsoft Outlook misses the authentication part of the on outgoing server settings which lead the outlook to the outlook error 0x800ccc78.
These are some of the reasons due to which Outlook Error 0x800ccc78 occurs. To solve this problem and troubleshoot it, there are several ways to do it. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Configure the proxy setting of SMTP server so that user can not face the error message whenever he tries to access dashboard of outlook.
- Always store the PST files in good sectors of hard drive, it will help in preventing the corruption of these important files of Microsoft Outlook.
- Microsoft Outlook must be authenticated with the outgoing server settings of the Outlook.
- Delete all the temporary files after uninstalling the outlook and reinstall it after rebooting the computer system.
- There is always an option present in system to restore the windows to appoint where it was error free.
- Scan and detect the malware infected files so that user can send or receive the mails.
- Contact your Internet service provider to assign correct port and increase limits of sending and receiving mails.
These are some of the steps to recover the outlook from the outlook error 0x800ccc78.
You can also contact the official helpline of Microsoft Outlook to get your problem solved on time.
If still, you are facing this issue, contact to our outlook tech team Outlook Support